What is Pima Gas?
Pima Gas is a small quantity cooking gas cylinder which can be refilled for a minimum of Kshs50 only.
It has a capacity of 1kg of Liquefied Petroleum Gas which retails at Kshs300.
As per current cooking gas prices, the Kshs50 is equivalent to about 0.8 kg of gas which can cook for slightly over an hour.
Pima Gas is a product of:Premier Gas Company Ltd.
P.O.BOX 61872-00200 Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel: 0706 033 260
Tel: 0706 033 261
Vending agent requirements:
- Have a registered business in a populous area.
- Pass a site survey conducted by Premier Gas Company officials.
- Kshs350,000 initial capital.
- One-week training course.
- Pump for filling gas into the cylinders.
- Inbuilt weighing system.
- Leakage testing unit.
- Barrier cage to ensure only Pima cylinders are used with the unit.
- Electronic cut off system that prevents excess or under filling of LPG.
- Fire extinguisher.
The initial cost of the complete gas, cylinder and burner package is Kshs2000.
Pima gas has started being sold in Embakasi, Pipeline, Huruma, Kangemi, Jogoo Road and Kawangware.
Over 100 terminals are expected to be put in place in Nairobi in the next 3 months, with distribution to all urban areas across the country expected in the next 24
Consumer education is on going to ensure that all
customers are aware of the product.
Click on an image to enlarge it