Ubiquiti Networks airFiber AF-5X 5 GHz Carrier Backhaul Radio
The Ubiquiti Networks airFiber AF-5X 5 GHz Carrier Backhaul Radio is designed for long-range, Point-to-Point (PtP) backhaul links. It features a high TDD throughput and Hybrid Division Duplexing (HDD) technology that helps the device achieve low latency. The airFiber 5X also allows users to customize backhaul links or upgrade existing PtP links.
The airFiber AF-5X operates using the 5 GHz frequency band and features a range of 656,168′ / 200,000m. Included with this device is a GPS antenna mount, an external GPS antenna, a metal strap, two cable ties, a 24V/1A airFiber PoE adapter with a mounting bracket, and a power cord.
- Ubiquiti’s INVICTUS silicon and radio architecture are designed specifically for long-distance, outdoor wireless applications. Their INVICTUS core communications processing engine surpasses virtually all of the limitations inherent to generic Wi-Fi chips to help provide superior performance, long-range capability, DFS flexibility, and power output.
- The AF-5X covers the entire, license-free, 5 GHz spectrum and includes DFS approval. Anyone around the world can deploy and operate the AF-5X in the 5 GHz range practically anywhere they choose (subject to local country regulations).
- Operation in Unlicensed Bands
- Channel width flexibility (10/20/30/40/50 MHz) allows independent TX and RX channel frequency configurations virtually anywhere within the radio band to avoid local interference, and the channel centers are selectable in 1 MHz increments. You also have the ability to program different uplink and downlink duty cycles to support asymmetric traffic requirements
- Low Latency with HDD Technology
- The airFiber X is designed to provide the highest TDD throughput and lowest latency available using proprietary Hybrid Division Duplexing (HDD) technology.
- With tower space at a premium, the importance of being able to co-locate equipment is becoming an essential attribute for modern wireless networks. The airFiber X is engineered to permit multiple radios to operate side by side, allowing maximum spectral efficiency.
- GPS Synchronization
- Precise GPS frame synchronization enables co-located airFiber X radios to transmit and receive data without interfering with each other, enabling better frequency reuse and increased network stability.
- Clean Power Output
- Using advanced digital signal processing, the innovative airFiber X radio design has an ultra -clean transmitter output, reducing broadband noise, facilitating co-location, and enabling higher-order modulations like 256QAM for greater throughput.
Ubiquiti Networks AF-5X-US Specs
|Data Port||1 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet Port|
|Management Port||1 x 10/100 Ethernet Port|
|Maximum Throughput||500+ Mbps|
|Maximum Range||656,168′ / 200,000 m|
|Operating System||airOS F|
|Operating Temperature||-40 to 131°F / -40 to 55°C|
|Dimensions & Weight|
|Dimensions||8.82 x 3.32 x 1.89″ / 224.03 x 84.33 x 48.01 mm|
|Weight||0.77 lb / 0.35 kg|
|Package Weight||2.45 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||10.5 x 4.4 x 4.4″|